Friday, October 14, 2011

Creamy Potato Soup Recipe

This is a recipe that is more a suggestion than a list of directions.

It's finally Fall! And it rained nearly all day yesterday. Those two things mean soup to me!

So, I got out my recipe binder to find my potato soup recipe. I then remembered than it made way more than my family could eat and didn't include any veggie other than potato. I cut it in half and made a few adjustments, and didn't measure much of anything. That's kind of the nice thing about soup, it's pretty flexible!

Potato Soup
I melted butter (~1/2Tbs) in my soup pan, whisked in flour (~1/2Tbs) then stirred in about 3 cups of chicken broth. Bring that to a boil. Then I added potato chunks (~1 1/2 cups) (and so much easier than dealing with fresh) , a handful each of carrot dices, FD corn, FD Peas, FD Onions, & FD Cheddar Cheese and some bacon crumbles, simmer on low for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk (~1 cup, more or less depending on how thing you want things). Simmer another 5 minutes and you're done.

Served with left over cornbread and it made a great Fall dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment