Friday, August 19, 2011

Homemade Pizza Night Recipe

I wonder what percentage of America has pizza for dinner on Friday nights. To me, those things just go together! So, tonight we made homemade pizza. Sure, picking up a pizza is super easy, but it's not near as great as seeing the little ones working together to put the toppings on.

I made the pizza dough recipe out of the THRIVE cookbook. It's super easy and I was able to roll it pretty thin like I prefer. I made the sauce using Tomato Powder. We topped it with Pepperoni & mozzarella cheese for the kids and added Freeze dried Sausage, freeze dried onions, freeze dried mushrooms and some mixed bell peppers, all of which I simply soaked in warm water for a few minutes, then drained and threw on top the pizza.

It was delicious if I do say so!

Would you like to try making your own pizza sauce? 

I was a little intimidated by the Tomato Powder at first. Once I tried it, I see why so many people like it. It's totally versatile. I found lots of recipes, but this is the combination I settled on. Feel free to mix it up to match your personal taste preference.

Red Pizza Sauce
1 Tb. Olive Oil
1 1/2 c. Water
1/2 c. Tomato Powder
1/4 t. Garlic Salt
1/4 t. Garlic
1/4 t. Onion Powder
1/2 t. Italian Seasoning
1 pinch Brown Sugar

Boil water & olive oil in sauce pan. 
Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. 
Whisk until smooth. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment