Monday, July 25, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Recipe Review

Cinnamon Rolls

I have been wanting to make my own cinnamon rolls for a long time. It's just so easy to buy them already made, but as usual, I read the ingredients and "nutrition" facts and wonder why I let my family eat them. They just taste so good! So, I wanted to make some myself that tasted good but didn't make me feel so guilty for eating!

So, I got out my new THRIVE cookbook and saw the recipe for cinnamon rolls that included fruit. Sounded like a winner to me. My daughter and I got our aprons on and got to work making Sunday dinner, er, Cinnamon Rolls! :)

Well, my yeast was old, so they didn't rise quite as much as they should have, and I think I didn't add enough flour because the dough was still pretty sticky... but we forged ahead. We used raspberries, and though my "rolls" looked more like giant cookies, they tasted great!

I tried so hard to stick to the recipe, but as usual ended up cutting down the butter and sugar that you layer on and they still tasted great! 

I give this one a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment